Climate Action, the most targeted SDG by Public Impact funds
Since 2015, more than €1 billion has been committed towards Public Equity Impact funds. Phenix Capital's latest research report provides an overview.
Some essential numbers in this report:
- More than €1 billion has been committed towards Public Equity funds since 2015.
- The total target size of Public Equity funds launched in 2021 is higher in North America (58%), followed by Global (36%).
- Current fundraising for Public Equity funds is higher in Europe (36%), followed by Global (35%) and North America (29%).
- Climate is the leading sector with 18% of historical capital commitments and 32% of current fundraising targets. It is followed by other sectors, such as Renewable Energy,
Water and Sanitation and Social Infrastructure.
- SDG 13, Climate Action, is the most targeted by Public Equity funds (more than 100 billion).